TOMS - Awesome culture | Glassdoor

"Awesome culture"

Current Intern - Online Intern
Current Intern - Online Intern

I have been working at TOMS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

really cool people, founder is awesome, great brand. The company puts on great weekly happy hours, you can wear whatever you want, there are a lot of young people!

Cons

entry level rolls dont pay the best

Other Employee Reviews for TOMS

"Great place, which still has a ton of potential."

I have been working at TOMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part people are really nice and care about making a difference. Giving trips to different parts of the world. Invests in its employees. Laid back, fun culture.

Cons

Still trying to find the balance of a youthful, energetic company while focusing on becoming more corporate.

Advice to Management

So much opportunity. Keep up with the times or risk being left in the past.

"Barista"

Former Employee - Barista in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Barista in New York, NY

I worked at TOMS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-401k plan
    -free shoes every season
    -partake in crafts and small events around the neighborhood

Cons

-restricted hours
    -Restricted hours
    -Fraternization
    -Neglectful
    -no room for growth

Advice to Management

To Blake Mycoskie it was a pleasure working through a family of employees to give the ability to walk with cuts in their feet or have a person see the world around them which may feel like the first time. These wonderful things that we did to help replenish themselves when they were thirsty or had brought a new life safely into this world motivated me to keep trying and pushing to do my best. While training the bar staff on shift so We not only gave all of our customers a reason to come back through the story of Toms New York or Toms (One for One) and how everyday is a journey to comfort or convenience for these families and people that would struggle a little more everyday due to these natural or greedy setbacks that we have in our world today. That was our story this was our movement! However, within the confinements of the store we shared a story but we didn't include our own. We didn't express the level of unprofessional behavior that happened when customers weren't listening or in the store. Either about employees or the customers themselves. I do understand that within every work place there is a level of comfort that people hit. When they speak about their previous moments with another customer and how it may have been entertaining or funny. This sadly was not the case. It actually not only disappointed but hurt me to even know that head management was causing excessive gossip in the work environment. Along with including other fellow employees that did not want to be involved. This made the work environment very tense due to our hours being restricted without previously being informed as to why we were not allowed to have more then 20 hours a week. Especially when some needs a coverage so they try to give 6 hours to a person in need of some financial stability to then have it denied. Due to it being restricted. It seems unfair. I do support and love to help people but I cannot do that with other peoples lives falling apart in front of me. I would love to work for Toms (One for One) as long as it was an honest straight to the point job that just worked on helping others without the setbacks or drama. I am a very dedicated employee that loves to work on not only themselves but others as well. Trying to force myself to stay when I wasn't going anywhere and how I was directed involved with everything listed above. It just hurts me to know how a great company could have such dark flaws in one flagship store.

TOMS Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to improve. We have shared this post with our retail team. If you are willing to discuss any mentioned details further offline, please reach out to ... More