TSYS|Total System Services - Good bye benefits and wealth building | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Good bye benefits and wealth building"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I-185 took me to Atlanta, where I am making $41K more a year and have work life balance. Left on good terms and have been called and offered my job back 4 times since I left - but for only a 6% increase.

Cons

Work with the company for over 15 years and moved up the ranks pretty fast moving between TSYS, Synovus and CB&T. After the split from Synovus, TSYS went down hill fast. HR took our profit sharing, dropped our 401K and Stock Purchase to next to nothing. Went almost three years without a merit increase company wide, all the while making good profits. Could not get reimbursed for educational assistance in a reasonable amount of time. 60 hour work weeks are the norm, sales forces does not know the systems and they constantly over sale the system and we have to explain the details to the clients, then the client calls senior leaders and we have to find a way to make it work, and this is every day. Pay, work conditions and leaders expectations are not in touch with the company.

Advice to Management

Establish the prior culture and rework pay and benefits or you will not be able to draw the skilled employees to do world class work that you demand.

Other Employee Reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

1. "TSYS is a decent place to work, but there is no clear path for development and career progression."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment and a can do culture.

Cons

Career development and promotion are not tied together. Management doesn't assess competences of individuals, so there is a low perception of fairness in promotion eligibility and merit decisions. Management is full of doers instead of delegators. Managers are not good at trusting and developing their talent. No tools for identifying talent gaps among the work force.

Advice to Management

Create a performance review process that identifies competences and skill gaps and ties performance to promotion/merit eligibility.

2. "Consultant at TSYS"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Great options in the break rooms. Not overwhelmed with meetings everyday and can get work done. Most employees do not have an education or degree. Can get ahead without any degree. Can move up from Help Desk.

Cons

Culture not entirely consistent. Very few perks. Resistance to sharing information. Difficult to do job when every person silos information and cannot share time with others to benefit company as a whole. Developers need major improvement. Very few e-learning initiatives. K&D staff unskilled with no formal education. Lots of turn around. Technologist in Product not skilled. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Cafeteria workers are not friendly.

Advice to Management

Encourage information sharing - not just on Sharepoint. Hire skilled people - not just promote help desk people to positions that need professional experience and education! Hire more educated people and watch your company turn around for the better. Try hiring ASU graduates with programming skills. The software in development had a lot of issues. Try hiring Web Product Specialists and developers who understand programming when you are working on a Web application.