TSYS|Total System Services - Solid company that has been around a long time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Solid company that has been around a long time."

Pros

Large company. Really good pay. Insurance benefits are really good as well with relatively low medical premiums and deductibles. Casual attire everyday.

Cons

I wish they had a telecommute option. So far they are only looking at a one day a week telecommute option. I'm only getting started so I don't have much input.

TSYS|Total System Services Response

May 1, 2014 – HR

TSYS just finished our first pilot on flexible work arrangements. The pilot was very successful and we are planning on rolling out the program corporate-wide this year. The program includes several ... More

Other Employee Reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Unfortunately, very disappointing."

Pros

It is a great company to begin your career with. Great exposure to the financial sector/IT work, as well as a good company to put on your resume.

Cons

I started out with great hopes and aspirations for beginning my career at a respectable company. Coming to TSYS, I had not had any previous IT experience or real work experience (excluding internships). As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset. Pay is notoriously horrible and management can be very unprofessional. I've found no great level of satisfaction or accomplishment in any of my projects/initiatives; and the bureaucracy in every aspect of my day-to-day activities is exhausting. Trained animals can perform the work that is required here. I dread going to work. Columbus is an embarrassingly backwards, dangerous town; but with such little pay it's hard to move elsewhere. Additionally, people on the business side of things are really quite dumb for the most part. Favoritism is blatantly acted out and rewarded. I would not recommend this place for people not from Columbus.

Advice to Management

Mid-manager and senior managers need to make firm decisions. No should mean no, and yes should mean yes.

"Great company to work for. Really enjoyed it."

Pros

Growing company with lots of lateral opportunities

Cons

Stagnant management - hard to to break through existing hierarchy