TSYS|Total System Services - Unfortunately, very disappointing. | Glassdoor

"Unfortunately, very disappointing."

Pros

It is a great company to begin your career with. Great exposure to the financial sector/IT work, as well as a good company to put on your resume.

Cons

I started out with great hopes and aspirations for beginning my career at a respectable company. Coming to TSYS, I had not had any previous IT experience or real work experience (excluding internships). As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset. Pay is notoriously horrible and management can be very unprofessional. I've found no great level of satisfaction or accomplishment in any of my projects/initiatives; and the bureaucracy in every aspect of my day-to-day activities is exhausting. Trained animals can perform the work that is required here. I dread going to work. Columbus is an embarrassingly backwards, dangerous town; but with such little pay it's hard to move elsewhere. Additionally, people on the business side of things are really quite dumb for the most part. Favoritism is blatantly acted out and rewarded. I would not recommend this place for people not from Columbus.

Advice to Management

Mid-manager and senior managers need to make firm decisions. No should mean no, and yes should mean yes.

Other Employee Reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Great company to work for. Really enjoyed it."

Pros

Growing company with lots of lateral opportunities

Cons

Stagnant management - hard to to break through existing hierarchy

"From Inspiration To Desperation"

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

TSYS offers job stability if you are reasonably competent in your job and content with extreme forms of micromanagement, bureaucracy and downright abusive supervisor.

Cons

For every hour of work an average of two to three hours will be needed in dealing with bureaucracy, micro manager and abusive supervisor. I have been with TSYS for over a decade and it has gotten progressively worse despite the call of senior management to cut the red tapes repeatedly. I must conclude that there is a disconnect between the calls of sr. management and mid-level managers / supervisors.

Advice to Management

Take more drastic actions based on feedback of annual employee survey. For example move your incompetent mid-level managers / supervisors out of the leadership role and put them to work as foot soldiers.