TSYS|Total System Services - People centered. | Glassdoor

"People centered."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Columbus, GA
Current Employee - Associate Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team, flexible work arrangements, boss that is involved, benefits (vacation), doing something that matters

Cons

Like any other company, you have great groups and terrible groups to work with; also like any large company, communication is weak at times, only some people know things and some people think they know things.

Advice to Management

Just keep at it. It's always getting better and everyone is working hard.

Other Employee Reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Nice Experience"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good upper management and plenty of opportunity to advance. I was able to more than double my salary in 5 years.

Cons

Pay was a bit on the low side. More office politics than I would like. Lower management in my department was not very good and we went through three managers in 5 years.

Advice to Management

I was able to talk to upper management directly. He was very accessible and when I made my case for my career goals he made it happen on the spot. I couldn't ask for more.

2. "Programmer Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly stable company. Pay and benefits are satisfactory at best. Commuting to and from work is good in the Columbus area unless a person lives to the northwest. Can be a very long term employee if you keep your aptitude level at no more or less than an average level and don't rock the boat.

Cons

Have gone off the deep end with efficiency. That means the best people are badly overworked and leave the company. Turnover is above 20% per year. Many leave due to health problems due to the toxic environment (micromanagement, back-stabbing, and poor decision making of middle management). Egos out of control at the director level and above. Cronyism is a huge problem. Management is old school in the wrong ways. Too much emphasis on seniority and not enough on competence. North Data Center and East Data Center employees don't get the benefits that the downtown employees get.

Advice to Management

Need some new blood at the upper management level. Need a great deal of new blood at the director levels and above. Less emphasis on years of service, and more emphasis on skills needed for the job needed. Pay more attention to the employee survey.