TSYS|Total System Services - Overall good experience but could be improved | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

"Overall good experience but could be improved"

Former Employee - Lead Database Administrator in Columbus, GA
Former Employee - Lead Database Administrator in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to. good medical benefits, 401K etc. stable company with growth potential. offices are nice and in good locations.

Cons

salary is not as competitive as it could be which may be why there is higher turnover in some areas. Many companies have work from home programs but nothing official at tsys when i was there. bonuses are also on the low side when you compare to other companies. salary is the biggest crutch. if this was fixed at least for top performers and to attract new talent, it would be a big improvement.

Advice to Management

overall tsys is a good company to work for and most employees are satisfied and treated well. consider a market study to look at how salaries compare. I moved to a new company with the same responisibilities for 20% more salary and a confirmed bonus plan. higher salaries also mean better talent will be attracted and stay. An objective based bonus program would make the company more competitve as would a work from home policy

Other Employee Reviews for TSYS|Total System Services

1. "People centered."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team, flexible work arrangements, boss that is involved, benefits (vacation), doing something that matters

Cons

Like any other company, you have great groups and terrible groups to work with; also like any large company, communication is weak at times, only some people know things and some people think they know things.

Advice to Management

Just keep at it. It's always getting better and everyone is working hard.

2. "Solid company that has been around a long time."

Pros

Large company. Really good pay. Insurance benefits are really good as well with relatively low medical premiums and deductibles. Casual attire everyday.

Cons

I wish they had a telecommute option. So far they are only looking at a one day a week telecommute option. I'm only getting started so I don't have much input.

TSYS|Total System Services Response

May 1, 2014 – HR

TSYS just finished our first pilot on flexible work arrangements. The pilot was very successful and we are planning on rolling out the program corporate-wide this year. The program includes several... More