TTX - Great Benefits, Low Turnover, Refusal to Deal with Problem Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TTX

"Great Benefits, Low Turnover, Refusal to Deal with Problem Employees"

Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Accountant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Healthcare benefits are the best I've seen. There was no deduction from my paycheck for medical, very little for dental and LTD. The medical plan offered great coverage - better than any employer I've worked for.

Cons

Very slow to change, turn over is very low so ideas are stagnant and the idea of "that's the way we've always done it" is huge at TTX. There is very little in the way of promotions and career growth at TTX, but since they offer tuition reimbursement you can sign up for classes and manage your own career. This is not a place where I would build my career. Some of the upper management is afraid of dealing with problem employees and merely hire someone to take their place while moving them to another position.

Advice to Management

Get into the 21st century! Deal with the problem employees that you have instead of moving them to another position. Work life balance is important and all departments should offer a work from home option.

Other Employee Reviews for TTX

1. "Best Chicago Internship"

I worked at TTX as an intern

Pros

Truly an amazing company to intern for! Every single individual you work with wants you to succeed in whatever it is you are doing. As an intern, you are given "real-world" projects to work on and over the course of your internship, you get the chance to learn a ton. I always felt as if I was just another member of the team. The culture at TTX Company is so inclusive, warm, and welcoming, even to an intern. The pay is very competitive for Chicago internships which is a great perk as well. Moreover, the group of interns that you get to work with over the summer makes it a fun experience.

Cons

It is an old-school work environment, so if you are looking for the unstable start-up atmosphere, this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep your internship program around for a long time!

2. "Financial Reporting"

I worked at TTX as an intern

Pros

Great learning experience.
    Great people to work with.
    Always nice and willing to help you

Cons

You have to do repetitive work alot

Advice to Management

N/A