TWD & Associates - A lot of work for the money | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TWD & Associates

"A lot of work for the money"

Current Employee - CWO in Washington, DC
Current Employee - CWO in Washington, DC

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. We are given the freedom to do our jobs without the constant micro-management that many firm deal with.

Cons

Too busy making the all mighty dollar instead of hiring extra people, paying current employees extra money to compensate for extra work load.

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings and hire some more people or pay us for the extra work!

Other Employee Reviews for TWD & Associates

1. "Good company to start with, but no advancement"

Current Employee - Technician in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technician in Washington, DC

Pros

Small company, foot in the door for federal jobs, work schedule is stable (No over time). Every one nice. Senior Leadership Communication is fair. Work/Life Balance is good.I feel that Senior/JR. Leadership respect there employees . The Compensation & Benefits is fair,

Cons

No overtime, Small company (No room for Advancement) You feel stuck, your commute is very long. No subsidy for metro. HR staff is not very help full. No Recognition if you go above and beyond. No training, they talk a good game about training. just try to submit for training. it will just get turn down. If the federal gov shut down you have to take PTO and if shut down for long time no pay.

Advice to Management

More training (Not just talk about more training)

2. "You get exactly what you pay for!"

Current Employee - Project Manager and Above. in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager and Above. in Alexandria, VA

Pros

The Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).

Cons

We are very competitive with our contracts so we bid low or at a discount meaning the salary levels are lower than the average.

Advice to Management

Senior Management and above - There needs to be more communication to the lower management areas to pass down to their people. What about a weekly meeting? The executives need to visit sites more often to show face time. Offer better competitive benefits such as cell phone reimbursement for Project Managers and above. Offer more competitive salaries. You should pay your professionals. It will help business in the long run. We need to start being competitors with the larger companies. Stop low-bidding contracts to win them. It effects the type of people we hire which is why our retainability is so low. I cannot stress enough - you have to pay your professionals. Hire the best and our company will follow.