TWG Insurance - Your voice matters! | Glassdoor

"Your voice matters!"

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time

Pros

The training is phenomenal! They understand that for many people this job is their first introduction to the world of insurance. Not only do they take the learning curve into consideration, but they provide a knowledge base that is beyond comparison. It's great to work at a company that encourages you to learn and gives you the tools to be confident in your abilities. Since insurance is a fluid industry and TWG is a growing company, there is just not time to get bored. I am constantly presented with the opportunity to try new things on the job.

The thing that sets TWG apart the most is the work environment. They have a company culture that is unmatched by competitors. The CEO, Directors and Managers have an open door policy, and truly care about their team members. You get face time with each and every one of them. There is a transparency among the different departments in the company, and everyone works together towards the common goal of making TWG the best in the business. You are heard. Your opinion and ideas matter. If you present something to management that has the potential to benefit the company, you are taken seriously, no matter what your current position. At TWG you are treated like family, which is rare in the corporate world. I enjoy the people I work with, and more importantly, I respect them.

There is no ceiling on the success you can reach as a TWG employee. The company is truly a meritocracy, and credit is given where credit is due. If you work hard, you are rewarded, simple as that. Management notices when you go the extra mile, and are happy to step in and help you in any way they can. Since working here, I have seen levels of teamwork that I didn't know existed in corporate America. It's nice to come to work everyday, feel appreciated at work and be treated like a valuable member of the team.

The quality control department is also outstanding. They are there to protect the company, as well as the individual. This allows for a quality book of business and for the company to function with the high level of integrity that makes it's employees proud to say they work here. I would have never thought I would end up in insurance, but now I can emphatically say, this is exactly where I want to be!

Cons

Sales, of course, comes with rejection. You can't take it personally. You have to be able to deal with all types of people. Not every client you deal with is going to be a happy one. You have to remember that you are dealing with people's livelihood when you are insuring them. Take an attitude of being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.

This is a growing company, so the hours can be long and expectations are high. But then again, most things worth having do take work.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and listen to the ideas of your employees. Keep your expectations high, it creates a quality workforce. Be sensitive to the fact that people need to maintain balance in their personal life as well. The management at TWG is absolutely incredible!

Other Employee Reviews for TWG Insurance

"Thrilled with my decision to work for TWG"

Current Employee - Partner
    Current Employee - Partner

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm coming up on my fifth year at TWG, and could not be happier with the decision I made to work here. The professional development and income potential I have at TWG far exceeds that of my friends at other firms. The most rewarding part of my job has been watching those I lead grow as well. My team members live and breathe the TWG model. They work hard, and they make a lot of money as a result. My team members have seen between 30%-60% increases in pay each year. This is the case with every member on my team that has been here for two full years or more. There is so much opportunity for those who want it, but success does not come easy. That is the case at any company you will work at. Here are a few key characteristics of people I've watched succeed at TWG (and any other company). They are not in any particular order.

1. Hard work. If you put forth the effort, you will make a lot. You have to be honest with yourself and others about how hard you are really working.

2. Adapt well to change. This is very important. Great employees know that they do not have to understand and agree with every decision that upper management makes. They also trust that their leaders are acting in the employees' best interest. If you react well to change, and do everything you can to help other to react positively to change, you will be successful.

3. Make your boss look good. I received this advice early on in my career, and it is the best and most simple advice I can pass on. If you are always looking for ways to make your boss look good, they will do the same to you. Both employers and employees should have a vested interest in each other's success. Why should your boss care if you succeed if you don't care if he or she does?

4. Have a plan, and execute it. It is not your boss's job to give you a plan for success. You need to make one yourself. Your boss can help you execute on it, and hold you accountable for the results you need to live your plan.

5. Work with Integrity. Do the right thing. There is no gray area on this one. You either do, or you do not. If you are in a gray area, you do not do the right thing.

There are many other characteristics that successful people have, but these have been the most important to me. They work when applied, and I do not think anyone can argue against that. The people at our company who have not experienced any sustained success, have not done all of these.

Cons

In a fast-changing environment, our leaders sometimes have to make decisions quickly and definitively, which can lack input from those on the sales floor. I think improving in this area would help us manage how our staff members view our decisions, and would create a better understanding of why we do what we do.

I disagree with almost all of the cons that the negative reviewers have listed on this website. Mainly because most of them are either completely untrue, or are outdated and have been fixed over the last few years. I would also say that all of the negative reviews on this website were written by people who possess little or none of the characteristics I listed in the "Pros" section.

Advice to Management

Create vision for your team members. Help them think like leaders. I love our management team, and know each member well. I can very honestly say they all care about the success of each and every person they have working for them. Set an example for your team in the way your act, dress, talk, and think.

"Great, Leading Company"

Pros

- Great training program: they are very good at helping you develop your professional skill set and provide you with all the tools you need to succeed.

- Your colleagues: you are surrounded by bright, driven and fun people that you can learn from and that you want to hang out with outside of work.

- Great leadership: you are led by some of the best business minds out there.

- Forward thinking: TWG has come a long way over the last few years and continues to make great strides in becoming leaders in the industry and being a great place to work.

- Attractive compensation model with great income and bonus opportunities: you have uncapped income potential and make commission off new business and renewals.

- Job security: TWG is a fast growing and profitable company within a stable industry.

Cons

To be honest; there isn't much that I don't like about the company. Sales can be challenging for the faint hearted, or those that just aren't cut out to sell. There is a lot to know about the business so you not only need to know how to sell, you have to be smart enough to understand all the products and individual state laws. TWG is always striving to get better so change happens often, you have to be able to accept and embrace change.

Advice to Management

Keep looking forward and continue to widen the gap between us and our competitors. Continue to recognize and reward your people for excellence.