TWIA - Come join TWIA/TFPA ....you won't be disappointed! | Glassdoor

"Come join TWIA/TFPA ....you won't be disappointed!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at TWIA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, HR staff, and Management 100% 401K match up to 6% Pension Plan 80% employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Basic Life and AD&D insurance Promotional opportunities Continuing Education with Bonus program IT support is amazing!

Cons

No cons at this point

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job and continue to communicate to your staff

TWIA2018-03-15

TWIA Response

April 4, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

We really strive to have a friendly atmosphere, support within the workplace and an amazing total rewards package at TWIA. Thank you for the glowing review!

Other Employee Reviews

"Supportive workplace, excellent benefits, room to grow"

Current Employee - Agent Services Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at TWIA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are awesome! Relaxed work environment. Everyone is kind and supportive. A lot of room to keep learning and move upward in the company. Manager wants to make your job easier and prep you to succeed. Training is one-on-one with experienced coworkers. General company atmosphere is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and doing right by the customers.

Cons

Working with a lot of old systems. Enormous room for human error that continually cycles back to whoever is on the phones. Training is not standardized. There is extremely little helpful documentation on the backend to help people do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Having internal documentation for department-specific policies and processes would be extremely helpful. My coworkers are MORE than happy to answer any questions I have, which is awesome. However I could spend less time interrupting them if there was something to refer to that would actually answer the questions I have.

TWIA2018-09-14

TWIA Response

September 26, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for highlighting our benefits and culture of the Association -- we set customers as our priority. We appreciate your review and will take note of the feedback for training too. We are in progress of implementing a new system, which will take us out of old systems into a ...

2. "Bubba Heaven"

Former Contractor - Build and Release Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at TWIA for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people there are nice and competent, but very few mentor-quality folks in the IT group. They compensate below market but claim to make it up in benefits and awards, YMMV.

Cons

IT management is short-sighted and territorial. Productivity is measured by tickets and schedules, not by value or problems averted. Many people are called on-duty outside of normal hours for deployments on a regular basis several times a month, and nobody questions the need. Want to work remote? You'd better be teacher's pet. I've worked many years in Austin's tech scene, and never had a mandated dress code before... this place.

Advice to Management

Look beyond the latest quarterly audit, legislative session, or news story, and work like a business.

TWIA2019-08-12

Discover more reviews about TWIA.