Tableau Software - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tableau Software

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really high energy, fast-paced, work environment with young and intelligent employees. Everyone is incredibly bright, driven and motivated to do their best and a really friendly and casual work culture. It's fun and motivating to come to work every day! Free food and beverages in fully stocked kitchen and really fun activities/events for employees (company meetings/parties/summer bbqs and appreciation events). Really nice office space with stand up desks, ergonomic chairs and dual-screen work stations. Great full suite of benefits (100% paid medical/dental/vision), 401k + matching, stock options, life insurance and 3 weeks vacation + sick time. AMAZING executive team!

Cons

Salaries are not as competitive as more established software companies.

Advice to Management

As the company grows it is important to increase salaries and establish career development paths to retain and grow top talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Tableau Software

"Best company of my career"

Current Employee - Sales Area Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Area Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Powerful mission that helps organizations solve big problems.
    -Great culture that truly values employees.
    -Brilliant, transparent, visionary leadership who execute extremely well and aren't too proud to course correct the few times it is needed. Christian Chabot is a genius CEO who inspires people to achieve their best. Watch his keynotes!
    -We're growing fast and if you are up for the challenge, I can't think of a better place to work. I've never been more fulfilled during my career.

Cons

Hard to think of any cons. While it still maintains the startup feel and agility, it is no longer an early stage company, if that's what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep aiming big, and let's discuss the long-term vision in more specifics, especially regarding products. How will we put the power of data in everyone's hands by making our products even easier to use? Like Google, we should be aiming for the day when people can use Tableau to answer questions about data as easily as the computers in Star Trek!

"Tableau builds great data analysis software, and puts its customers and employees in the first place."

Current Employee - Content Management Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Content Management Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a Content Management Engineer, since I learned how to use Tableau to analyze our users behaviors on our internal platforms, my job became even more rewarding. With Tableau I can be more effective in applying applicable life-cycle policies and create more automatic workflows for content management, since I have a more visual insight into the logs.

Cons

I am honest, I can not think of any, except that our company is growing rapidly and that's a pro.