Tableau Software - Amazing product, team, and benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tableau Software

"Amazing product, team, and benefits"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're working with the best of the best. Incredibly smart people moving at an extremely fast pace. The benefits are fantastic, and the product is going to change the world.

Cons

Salary is far below elsewhere, that is understood coming to Tableau. Many people take job/pay cuts to join this world class team. However, at some point they will need to up the base of many employees.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting internally and making sure the product at the heart of everything we do.

Other Employee Reviews for Tableau Software

1. "A company that is an absolute blast to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time

Pros

CULTURE - Tableau's is one of a kind. Energetic, collaborative, fun, and positive. Everyone working together on the same mission and having a great time while doing so.
    PEOPLE - smart, ambitious, friendly
    PRODUCT - game changer in the BI industry with tremendous growth ahead
    CUSTOMERS - extremely passionate about Tableau
    EXECUTIVES - intelligent, transparent, driven towards the company mission, dynamic, and motivating

Other tidbits - Tableau knows how to throw fantastic parties and every office also has a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch. You name it, the kitchen likely has it! (Some departments even have juicers and margarita makers.)

By far the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Only "con" I can think of would be potential growing pains from all the growth Tableau is going through right year.

Advice to Management

Maintain company culture and transparency within the org.

"Drinking the Kool-aid isn't always a bad thing"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On my personal team, we have a great culture of openness and hands-off management, but I understand it's not like that on every team. Work-life balance is great and hours are very flexible. My manager has a huge focus on personal growth and I've learned a great deal in my position. The company culture is fun and for the most part there is a lot of buy-in with the mission statement.

Cons

With a lot of buy-in with the company comes a bit of a kool-aid-drinker feel to the people of Tableau, which some people are turned off by. A main issue with the company loyalty is that people are often hesitant to address issues with the company and product. The compensation is low compared to other large companies in Seattle. Change comes very slowly.

Advice to Management

Compensation more equal to other companies would be great. Also, straight PTO instead of a combo of PTO and sick leave would be excellent. I never get sick and it would be great to not be punished just because I'm healthy.