Tacit Knowledge - My experience at TK is fun and challenging | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tacit Knowledge

"My experience at TK is fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Pros

Working at Tacit Knowledge is great. Our Senior Management is really concerned about doing great, inspiring work, not so much the bottom line, which translates into great projects, new technologies and proper work-life balance. The guys really enjoy what they do and do it great. We interact with the other offices and make true friends over the world. The offices are beautiful, the projects challenging, the paycheck competitive, really what else can we ask for...

Cons

There are not many downsides to working at Tacit Knowledge. I would maybe point that once you are in another office for a bit you might want to stay there for a while longer but have to return to your home office, but that is only bad cause I really like visiting all offices, and enjoy the local food and culture.

Advice to Management

I am really happy with you right now. The changes this year improved on something that was already great, so well done! Keep it going!

Other Employee Reviews for Tacit Knowledge

1. "Great environment, great people"

Former Intern - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tacit Knowledge as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

People at Tacit Knowledge in three words: good at what they do, fun to work with, always willing to share knowledge.

Salaries are outrageously good.

Cons

Can't think of any to be honest... not being politically correct I don't work for the company anymore.

"Once great, quickly went down hill..."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tacit Knowledge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once had a highly regarded reputation in the eComm/CMS space.

I worked with some of the most talented engineers and delivery professionals in my career, many of which I've stayed close friends with.

Cons

Once the Newgistics merger went into full force, the culture went south. HQ in Austin was absolutely clueless on how to maintain good culture with highly skilled knowledge workers in San Francisco.

Benefits were cut, upward mobility was virtually nonexistent, and there was a mass exodus of top notch leadership.

The managers that remained or were brought in were absurdly incompetent and sometimes unethical. It caused a steady outflow of top talent to where the great culture that once thrived became virtually unrecognizable. The sales pipeline was once overflowing and then it dried up.

HR was the worst I've ever seen in any company. When they cut our benefits, they had an entire year to communicate the change, yet they waited until just before benefits enrollment. They were also very poor at time keeping, many times making mistakes in payroll and vacation accrual.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and they will take care of the business. This was the fundamental principle of good business management that was consistently ignored.

San Francisco is not Austin. Cost of living and the marketplace for tech talent means having to look at things differently instead of jamming things into antiquated policy.

Put competent leadership in place. You can't have "leadership" from afar. Our top leadership ended being run out of the UK office, where they never wanted to "deal" with the US and didn't provide sufficient guidance or leadership. "Leadership" that was in place had no backbone and didn't advocate for employees at all.