Tacit Knowledge - My experience at TK is fun and challenging | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tacit Knowledge

"My experience at TK is fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Pros

Working at Tacit Knowledge is great. Our Senior Management is really concerned about doing great, inspiring work, not so much the bottom line, which translates into great projects, new technologies and proper work-life balance. The guys really enjoy what they do and do it great. We interact with the other offices and make true friends over the world. The offices are beautiful, the projects challenging, the paycheck competitive, really what else can we ask for...

Cons

There are not many downsides to working at Tacit Knowledge. I would maybe point that once you are in another office for a bit you might want to stay there for a while longer but have to return to your home office, but that is only bad cause I really like visiting all offices, and enjoy the local food and culture.

Advice to Management

I am really happy with you right now. The changes this year improved on something that was already great, so well done! Keep it going!

Other Employee Reviews for Tacit Knowledge

1. "Great environment, great people"

Former Intern - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Associate Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Tacit Knowledge as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

People at Tacit Knowledge in three words: good at what they do, fun to work with, always willing to share knowledge.

Salaries are outrageously good.

Cons

Can't think of any to be honest... not being politically correct I don't work for the company anymore.

"Great company outside of the US"

Former Employee - Business in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business in San Francisco, CA

Pros

* London, Guadalajara, Chișinău know how to deliver software. The developers and the PMO staff in these locations and NY are highly talented.
    * I have never had the pleasure of being employed at a company that is so dedicated to the Agile methodology before Tacit.
    * The Product Management side of the company is smart and enjoyable to work with.
    * PMO management in London is inspiring and should take a greater role in managing the NA offices.

Cons

* The San Francisco PMO management team went from greatly inspiring (2015) to less than uninspiring (2016). Reminiscent of a "Lord of The Flies" style - PMO management in San Francisco adopts practices like:
    ** Public humiliation in standups
    ** Alienating and talking over the Tech team
    ** Telling members of the project team that they are "Slowing down velocity" for taking vacation that was knowingly approved in meetings with project members.
    ** Failing to deliver projects where other PMO teams before 2016 have delivered before.

Advice to Management

* PMO oversight in SF isn't there. It needs to be.
    * Layoffs are demoralizing.