Taco Bell - Good culture, same big company issues | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Taco Bell

"Good culture, same big company issues"

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Associate Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive culture, good benefits, caring people

Cons

Common big corp issues (technology constraints, bureaucracy)

Advice to Management

Get more up-to-date technology and training to reduce constraints to problem solving

Other Employee Reviews for Taco Bell

1. "It's Not For Me"

Former Contractor - Crew Member in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Contractor - Crew Member in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Taco Bell as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I got hired pretty easily and started the next day.
    My co-wokers were supportive despite my hard time remembering the food recipes and combos.
    I got to have Taco Bell for lunch absolutely free (worked inside college)!
    Learning how to pre-cook the food and clean is fairly easy
    30 minute break

Cons

Personally I could not wrap my head around the recipes and combos and was expected to remember them all in a short span of time. I also want to add that the recipes may be exactly the same but have one ingredient added and it will have a completely different name. (This is what got me flustered the most)
    You have to send a request of a day off 2 weeks before that day. It doesn't mean you will get it either.
    The fast pace of Taco Bell isnt hard but what made it harder for me is regulating how much the food weighs, how it looks, how it is wrapped, and who gets it in a matter of (literally) seconds. My coworkers would get upset with me if the product was not up to par despite the fact that I was new and that I only did part of the line.
    I personally got confused from the cashier buttons because there is so many of them to do the same thing (if that makes sense).
    Got scolded for having my shirt untucked even though the rest of my uniform was fine.
    I personally found my hours to be ruthless. I literally worked about 8 or 9 hours in the middle of the day which gave my 18 year old self no time for anything else but Taco Bell. I also didn't have time to breathe and worked a whole week straight with no day off (I personally didn't like this).
    Like any work place there is going to be people gossiping which is something I experienced while working there.

Advice to Management

How about we loosen up a bit? I'm very sure not every customer we get is going to rate the look of the product (especially since most of the frequent customers are teenagers, college students, drunks, and stoners). If you want the product to look good then don't time the employee and if you want the product to get to the customer faster then don't rant on the look of the product. Don't freak out because someone has their shirt untucked or because you get a mess on your hat or shirt. It happens. Taco Bell is not a 5 star restaurant so do not act like it is. Thanks!

2. "painfull learning experience"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Littleton, CO

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, Great co-workers. Discount on food.

Cons

managment does hourly positions, hard to get raises, Given a hard time for taking time off for a death in the family.

Advice to Management

treat employees like they matter