TakeLessons - It is like working with my best friends and closest family, people who share my same values and want to see me grow! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TakeLessons

"It is like working with my best friends and closest family, people who share my same values and want to see me grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The cultural is unparallel to any other: full of like-minded employees who work hard together everyday as a team, and share in successes in a wacky and creative way. Communication here is extremely open, and managers work towards empowering their workers to taking accountability and initiative to make great decisions. The atmosphere is fun, friendly, and high energy.

Cons

Free parking is difficult to find unless you decide to pay for it within the work area. Also, for most people it is very hard to move up into a higher position. Most people in sales or customer service will be in their position for over a year with little hope to move to a position off of the phones, which leads to plenty of turnover.

Advice to Management

Help your workers grow in skill and position throughout their time here.

Other Employee Reviews for TakeLessons

1. "Fun, Genuine, Challenging Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TakeLessons full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing. Everyone that works at TakeLessons has an interest in music, and most have had personal experience either teaching or taking private music lessons. We even have a jam room where employees can go and rock out if they need a break during their day. The relationships between coworkers is the best I've encountered in a workplace. We support each other, and help each other to become even better at what we do.

Cons

TakeLessons is still a young company (6 years old), and so is going through growing pains. The company doesn't have everything figured out, but is working on getting there. All of that just makes things challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Invest in training current employees to get better at their jobs.

"Good company, with strong leadership"

Former Employee - Customer Support in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at TakeLessons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TakeLessons has a great company culture and working environment. The company has came a long way, even just in the last year with employee benefits and compensation.

Cons

Still a start-up environment so to speak. This can take extra patience as obstacles present themselves.

Advice to Management

Find a way to keep more teachers satisfied, as this is the bread and butter of the business. Great teachers is what will lead to a positive experience for students.