Takeda Pharmaceuticals - Process Engineering Internship | Glassdoor
  1. "Process Engineering Internship"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals for less than a year

Pros

The integration process seemed to be well-run (I worked in the LA Fractionation Plant, a former Shire plant). When applying to the internship, I got to chose several teams I was interested, and I landed in Process Engineering (which was one of the teams I chose). The team was laid back and closely-knit, while remaining professional; I really enjoyed the culture. I felt like I could make mistakes, and get help easily. I was also given work where I could utilize my skillset as an engineer; no grabbing coffee or doing other stereotypical "intern stuff." I worked on engineering designs with a sizeable impact on operations. There was a dedicated mentorship program, and both mentors and supervisor cared about personal growth. In the LA site, lots of engineers were former interns.

Cons

Pay could be better ($18/hr); most biotech companies pay more. Some interns were assigned to teams they didn't apply to. Lots of interns also didn't have much to do. I was informed pretty late that I was hired to be on the team, so I had to scramble for housing right before finals week.

Continue reading
    Takeda Pharmaceuticals2019-09-01
  1. "Great Pipeline and Environment"

Current Employee - Scientist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are great, culture is felt throughout the company, communication is a strong point of management.

Cons

Lots of changes in a short period of time.

Continue reading
    Takeda Pharmaceuticals2020-02-07
  2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong executive leadership, social responsibility, good corporate culture

Cons

Moved US HQ to Boston from Deerfield

Takeda Pharmaceuticals2020-04-06

Discover more reviews about Takeda Pharmaceuticals.