Talascend - Disappointing if you Recruit other than General Labor, Admin, or Light Industrial | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Talascend

"Disappointing if you Recruit other than General Labor, Admin, or Light Industrial"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time

Pros

Location of the office is pretty good
Good place for entry-level or new Recruiters to learn the business
Lots of opportunities to fill low-margin positions ($2-$4/hr gross profit)
If you like the "old school" Recruiter office environment, it's perfect

Cons

High volume, low margin business model.
Seem to be over satisfied with sub-vendor buisness rather than developing business with decision makers (engineering)
Too many Salespeople are too timid considering the competitive technical marketplace
Your comissions earned on Contract placements go back to the "house" after one year...you are "cut off" even if your people are still working on Contract

Advice to Management

None. I have my opinions (above) but it's not my place to tell Managment how to run their business.

Other Employee Reviews for Talascend

"Tough few years but we've come out on top!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

Pros

Flexible work schedule-allowed to work from home when children are sick, good hours to still get home to have family time

Salary, commission and bonus-if you're a good recruiter you'll be rewarded here. They also have started a President, Chairman's and CEO's Club where you can qualify fo pretty exotic trips. Examples are the Banyan Tree Resort in Riviera Maya, San Fransisco and Napa California.

Top Management-has taken back the reins for company. They listen and really care about all employees. The Presdident is very in touch with whats going on and you'll hear from him-for better or worse!

Employees-those of use who've made it through the economic downturn really feel close. These people are experts and have many many years of staffing expience behind them.

Cons

Career Growth-very limited for recruiters if you're not interested in sales

Communication between sales and recruiters is always tricky

Intake Meetings-lack of thorough intake meetings from sales leads to disgruntled recruiters and hiring managers.

Technology-They use Bullhorn which has some serious limitations

Training-no chance for further education of training, can do the same job for years and years

Prior Management-very poor, disorganized and lacked ability to implement their grand strategy. I think this has been corrected

Advice to Management

Now that we've come out of the downturn in economy, put together a plan to grow your people. Very few opportunities to train, learn new things-job can get stale year after year. Keep bringing in the large projects, great chance to develop your recruiters but think about what comes after that for them in their career.

2. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Talascend for almost 5 years now and I can not express how grateful I am to work for this company. They truly appreciate hard work and value their employees. I have had some major life changes in the past few years, and they were not only understanding but have gone above and beyond to allow me to still continue my career while managing my personal life. This is the first employer I have had who really meant "family comes first" when they say it.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Talascend Response

Mar 23, 2017 – Director, Global Marketing and Communications

Wow, thank-you for this review. We absolutely understand that life happens and wish you all the best as you work though everything you need to on a personal level. It is employees like you that... More