Talbots - Talbots was a pleasant place to work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

"Talbots was a pleasant place to work."

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Concord, NH
Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Concord, NH

I worked at Talbots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had several friends who worked there

Cons

I wish I were paid more.

Advice to Management

Promote from within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Talbots

"Lack of appreciation and reward for hard work and enthusiasm"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Talbots full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, loyal clientele. Very good work hours for a retail position. There were several very professional part-time employees.

Cons

HR concerns were ignored or brushed under the rug by store and district manager. No raises for sales associates or management. Promises made by store manager and district manager that were not fulfilled. Lack of appreciation for hard work and education. Poor communication within management. Management not concerned about associate well-being and happiness, only with the bottom line. Store manager received bonuses based on SPH, so she would cut hours to the bare bones, working her assistant and co-manager with no other sales support at the end of each month because they had the highest sales. Personally, I remained physically and emotionally exhausted for the duration of my employment. Taking a legitimate sick day was very difficult to do, and there were at least 2 times I should not have come to work but did because my salaried manager was not willing to step in and help. However, she was the first to leave early on slow days. Bad behavior within management ranks was common, especially inappropriate comments and treatment of associates. These issues were never addressed and the response was always "don't cause more of a problem by bringing this to senior management".

Advice to Management

Reward associates and assistant/co managers for consistent hard work and base promotions on merit. Employees should not leave work feeling stressed and underappreciated. Promote from within and reward consistently high productivity with raises and/or incentives.

2. "Things looking up, need to reward those who have stayed through the tough years"

Pros

Customers and Co-Workers are excellent

Cons

Low pay, unorganized, too much change

Advice to Management

Value your employees, lots of longevity and associates who make great daily business decisions. Reward those who have weathered the storm. like we were told.