Talbots - Great Job | Glassdoor

"Great Job"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing pay , work life balance , great training

Cons

Benefits cost to much , management always changing ,

Other Employee Reviews for Talbots

1. "I love our store management - they are caring, concerned with our personal lives and help us to achieve our best"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Store management is great. Discounts are exceptional. It's great to sell a quality product. The customer base is loyal and repeating.

Cons

No chance for advancement, they will not let you work more than 25 hours/week, no pay raises in last few years, no opportunity for store input into product mix, no good restocking program to keep needed basic product in stores.

Advice to Management

Restock the basic items through selling season - we run out of many pant sizes and lose sales. Our store can sell more of the high end items - let us have them even though our size (or whatever) says we don't qualify for certain products. Please reduce the number of sales - our customers get frustrated when they buy something and the next week it is on promotion. I know that you need to do something but not all the time. Get the markdown junk out of the stores faster - at least our store. Our customers want new, full price items - not the same old sale stuff for 3 months.

"Great place to learn and Grow"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive open enviroment to build working relationships. Development happens at your pace and communication is clear and concise. Upper management is involved and open to hear what is working in the field to build a better team. The Company is involved in creating a fun and motivating work enviroment with fun contests to Win Fantastic prizes!!

Cons

You want to buy everything!! So be prepared to spend your pay checks on some amazing clothes!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within when possible it creates a Happy Field enviroment!!