Talbots - Good learning experience | Glassdoor

"Good learning experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time

Pros

Great culture, customer service is very important (which is empowering to employees), company stands behind their product and coworkers were wonderful.

This was a side job while I was in school so it was perfectly fine for the type of job I was looking for.

Cons

Store manager didn't really do anything, assistant managers did the work while she took the credit (especially when the DM was in town).

Doesn't seem to have a real system for employees who want to advance.

Advice to Management

When DM visits stores have them take time to talk to the employees one on one so we can answer honestly about whats going on in the store.

Employees are the backbone of stores, if they feel empowered they will work that much harder.

Other Employee Reviews for Talbots

"Talbot's is a great place to work"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Talbot's is the people. The Company also is open to feedback and applies it. My boss is supportive of my develpment and wants to see me grow. The Co.has recently added some new positions to support the field.

Cons

Changes in upper Management have been frequent. I feel this new exceutive team is the right team to move the Co.forward.

Advice to Management

Continue moving the company in a profitable direction. The streamlined focus has been very effective. It really shows you care about the people that face the customer daily. Please continue to evlove the product & marketing.

"Exceptional work experience!"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Talbots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talbots has moved forward through a tough retail environment over the last 2 years thanks to an amazing executive leadership team, a focus on the customer, delivering quality, an inspired work force and making smart decisions. I feel incredibly lucky to have been a part of the process as a District Manager and to be empowered and enabled to lead my team in a way that balances celebration and inspiration with accountability. I'm encouraged to have a work/life balance and to make decisions based on my experience and knowledge. I am trusted to do what I do best... drive results through my phenomenal team. There are paths for advancement for those who are interested and we all are challenged to always be improving... for ourselves, for the customer, for the brand.

Cons

Because Talbots is a fleet of several hundred stores and a very expansive online/direct business... decisions and changes can take what seems to be a long time. It can be positive that decisions aren't rushed or made before careful consideration but for those of us who are passionate and results driven, the process can seem slow.

Advice to Management

To the upper managment... continue your commitment to transparency, open communication and collaboration with the field leaders.The store teams can see a difference and it is motivating them to own their business and the customer experience. Keep listening to the customer as she is loyal and passionate but has very high expectations of us.