Talbots - Great place to start not the place to get where you're going... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Talbots

"Great place to start not the place to get where you're going..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Talbots part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and employee discount, good learning experience although training is rushed, loved my coworkers, definitely a flexible work schedule and the program they use for scheduling is good.

Cons

The hours are not reliable, management hires people on constantly and that results in pay checks that you can't live on. Quality of product is definitely getting worse while product price is increasing! They don't hire from within and don't give raises to sales associates.

Advice to Management

don't over hire and realize people don't just work here for the employee discount (they actually have to make a living).

Other Employee Reviews for Talbots

"Not the best!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Talbots part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees at my store were a pleasure to work with. My general manager (when I was hired) was a delight to work under. Thankfully, Talbots paid me slightly higher than other stores I had worked at in the mall (Ann Taylor, LOFT, Victoria's Secret, White House Black Market).

Cons

Upper management fired the store manager who basically held our store together. Corporate got rid of the part-time assistang manager position WITHOUT WARNING. One day our ASM just showed up to work to find out she had been let go. She was in tears.

Advice to Management

Treat your lower-level employees better. Your regional and district managers are all intimidation with no understanding or motivation. They use scare tactics like threatening to fire people instead of motivating them to work harder.

2. "Pleasure to work here"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Talbots part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great managers, and good co-workers for the most part. You can tell that most of the people who work here really care about their job, and the customers' shopping experience and satisfaction with our brand. My managers were very understanding of my classes' demands while I was in school, which I really appreciated.

Cons

Corporate's emphasis on the number of new customers and PSAs that each associate gets is a little unreasonable, and while there is room (kind of?) for growth within the company, I really wish there were full-time positions besides just the managers.

Advice to Management

Full-time associates!