Talking Rain Beverage Company - Toxic, antiquated, cult-like work culture where HR has too much power. | Glassdoor

"Toxic, antiquated, cult-like work culture where HR has too much power."

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

The brand has a lot of potential.

Cons

On-site random drug testing for Marijuana (not disclosed during interview process). Too many HR projects and quarterly tasks. The term "scrappy" gets thrown around a lot as a motivator for employees to deal with the company's structural shortcomings.

Advice to Management

Evolve and be flexible with the current growth of the company - take on new processes that better suite the company's current scale.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2019-01-25

Other Employee Reviews

"Feeling The Change"

I have been working at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time

Pros

The last 18 months have really shown a change for the better. The culture is improving, there is better transparency, and I am excited about the emphasis on technology and us Rain Makers.

Cons

None right now. I am impressed with the changes, and excited about the future.

Advice to Management

It's fast paced, make sure to keep an outlook for new talent and technology that is going to let us continue to see the amazing progress and results we are enjoying right now.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2019-07-26

"Growth based off of other employees feedback"

Former Employee - Finance in Preston, WA

I worked at Talking Rain Beverage Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, fitness oriented, discount on beverages

Cons

Lack of honesty and beneficial information when providing feedback, which is required by the company, in order for growth to happen. Some managers don’t have the balls to communicate effectively and lead you to think that you are doing great while behind the scene they set you up to fail. Ultimate disappointment after investing the time and dedication to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

The system only works when managers and employees provide meaningful feedback that can have an action to follow through and grow from.

Talking Rain Beverage Company2019-08-01

Discover more reviews about Talking Rain Beverage Company.