Tallan - A company that know how to treat people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tallan

"A company that know how to treat people."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tallan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tallan has its act together when it comes to HR operations and perks. They make you feel welcome and valued from day 1. You'd expect a firm that does a lot of on-site staffing to be dehumanizing, but Tallan is a very warm and friendly bunch of people. They've kept some developers and managers for a long time - I think that says it all.

Cons

It's mostly on-site work. Take it or leave it!

Advice to Management

Find more ways to leverage the creative energy and technical prowess of your team.

Other Employee Reviews for Tallan

"Inaccurate Representations"

Former Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Hartford, CT

I worked at Tallan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

More transparent than some companies. Some of the people seem to enjoy working there.

Cons

My impression was that they often would try to tell you what they think you want to hear, even though what they are saying is not accurate.

I was recruited as a .NET developer, but was then tasked with manually recording the results of SQL queries into a large Excel spreadsheet. I had to keep track of my time spent on each query in another large Excel spreadsheet. This task was estimated to take about six months of effort.

I was only told this was the task they wanted me to do, late on the Friday afternoon before beginning work at the client's premises the following Monday.

During the interview process, I asked quite a few directed questions that should have revealed this task. When I brought this complaint to the person in charge of hiring me he agreed that I might feel "slightly misled". I was even told that I might someday get my "dream" of working on a .NET project.

Advice to Management

People can only make informed decisions if you are honest.

2. "One of the Best Consulting firms you could ever work for"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Wilton, CT
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Wilton, CT

I worked at Tallan as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Everything. Professional, client centric, cares about employees. The best project managers ever worked with.

Cons

None. They keep trying to improve on everything, and keep on doing it.

Advice to Management

Clone yourselfs and send them to all the other consulting firms in the world! We need you out there!