Tallan - Nice small company, traditional values | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Tallan

"Nice small company, traditional values"

Pros

Core group of people who have been with the company over 10+ years, so there's little backbiting, somewhat of a predictable environment.
Company cares about cultural fit as much as technical competence
Good opportunities for ongoing skills training

Cons

Lack of long range planning, poor ability to compete
Bias in products used, opinionated
Slow to implement new technologies and to promote them

Advice to Management

Consider refreshing the talent pool, either through acquisition or organically to execute on a plan for growth. Don't expect extensions on projects "just because."

Other Employee Reviews for Tallan

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Tallan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Such a great company to work for! However, you get what you put into your job; if your performance/attitude is mediocre, require daily head pats/gold stars and only want to put in 40 hours a week or less, then you won't make it here, so don't waste your time applying. If you give it your all, it's easy to move up the ranks quickly. Most employees are consultants, and consultants are expected to work 45 hours a week. It's really not that difficult - 8am - 5pm and pack your lunch - boom! 45 hours and not detrimental to the work/life balance.

We are compensated generously and paid to travel, as well as a nice monthly bonus for working over the minimum 45 hours a week.

I love the morale events - lunches, happy hours, fundraisers and breakfast each Friday. I love the friendships I've made, and there's always someone to lend an ear.

The corporate staff is very friendly and quick to answer any questions or concerns. The Regional and Practice Directors are always there to help, and are great resources to learn from. Most started with the company as consultants and worked their way up the ladder, so they know a thing or 2.

Our CEO is passionate about Tallan, and he works just as many hours, if not more, than anybody else. He truly cares about the direction of the company, and it shows. He's very friendly and personable and will make time for anyone.

Cons

Hard to give a con - I'd say some may think the request to travel with only a few weeks notice? I'd look at it as an adventure!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, communication and strong work ethics!

"Accountant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Tallan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tallan is a great place to work. From the very first day, I was not only impressed with how structured the onboarding was but more how engaging my colleagues were. As you can imagine, starting a new job can be intimidating but everyone has been extremely welcoming. The environment in the Rocky Hill office is very relaxed and has an overwhelmingly positive vibe. Communication is great too, management staff is in constant contact regarding new projects via weekly meetings, quarterly "State of the Union" etc.

Cons

The cleaning staff never puts my garbage pale back in the same place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.