Talon Air - If you don't value your personal life, this is the company for you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Talon Air

"If you don't value your personal life, this is the company for you."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Pros

New airplanes, new offices, money spent on keeping things top class.

Cons

You are expected to be in the office 10 - 12 hours a day, and when not in the office, be available 24/7 to answer phone calls and emails. If no response within 2 or minutes on email, CEO/Owner chimes in.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing every little task - let people do the job they are paid to perform. People need personal time - you do not give them that opportunity as they are expected to be working 24/7/365.

Other Employee Reviews for Talon Air

1. "Headed in the right direction"

Current Employee - Pilot in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Talon Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pilots are treated very well while out on the road, the company really does try to make us as comfortable as possible. Good training, great management team, decent schedule, great pay & benefits. Days off are respected but if you want to make extra cash, you are generously paid to fly on your days off. Tons of opportunities for advancement too.

Cons

The schedule does get pretty hectic and when you're on, your usually busy and out on the road; this is definitely a job for someone who enjoys flying. This could be a con for some people but we're pilots, this is what we signed up for!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!! Since the new management has taken over I can already see tremendous improvements to quality of life and the way employees are treated. Morale is at an all time high and I'm excited to see what the future holds for Talon and it's staff. There isn't a more exciting place to be in aviation right now and I'm happy to be a part of it!

2. "Could be worse, could be better."

I worked at Talon Air full-time

Pros

Good pay, good training, good support on the road, good planes, good maintenance, great upward mobility, option for commuter schedule

Cons

Although an 8on 6off schedule is eventually achievable, you start off on 11on 4 off.... :-( Not unsual to be asked to sit airport standby after dropping off a client.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and stick to an 8on 6off schedule for everybody. Fill inevitable gaps in crew availability by paying for overtime.