Target - Just started, too early to make a fair assessment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Just started, too early to make a fair assessment."

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Rockville, MD

Pros

Smart colleagues and a fast paced learning environment

Cons

Standard issues of any other billion dollar company. Same problems are in every business.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Unfair, biased and full of b.s."

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Deerfield Beach, FL

Pros

the pay is pretty decent, but you literally have to bend over backwards and jump through hoops to even be noticed. very fast paced retail environment and I like helping people. but at the end of the day its not really even worth my time and energy.

Cons

Poor management and leadership in the company, full of bullshitters and people who dont accept responsibility for their actions. they like to point the finger and pawn it off on you, the one who does all the dirty work and slaves for them while they sit and have coffee and 2 hours lunches....

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Guest Services Team Member in Ames, IA
    Former Employee - Guest Services Team Member in Ames, IA

Pros

The team members I worked with were the best parts of working at Target. Pay is comparable to other similar companies, better than minimum wage; I started at $8/hour. Was able to work with strict pregnancy restrictions. I was valued. My efforts were encouraged when I did well, and when I did poorly, leadership helped me make goals rather than scolding me.

Cons

The work itself isn't glamorous. The only reason I left was because I was tired of being on my feet all day, literally. Cashiering is a very monotonous, bland occupation - be kind to the person behind the counter!

Advice to Management

Encourage more expanded roles or additional training. I got really bored as a cashier and was grateful for the switch to GS, which I just loved to do. I would have really liked to be able to cover shifts at photo or food ave.