Target - Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor"

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead
Former Employee - Senior Team Lead

Pros

Great People to work with and generally the managers are great. Moving up from Team member to team lead can happen if you wait long enough and do what the managers tell you.

Cons

The ETL's come mainly straight out of college and they convince them all they can become store managers. there are a lot of politics and backstabbing.

I lost my job after 10 years because My new ETL did not get along with me and my STL who always supported me before told me she was not going to fight my battles. How do fight my boss and tell him stuff is his fault.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting the hours the stores get. You want a to give a great guest experience remember Target is not Kmart and stop running it like it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "I found that working at Target was a pleasant experience overall."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

Pros

I enjoyed working at Target because it's a fast-paced environment, making it easy to come to work and get through my assigned hours. I also like that the products sold within the store are hip and fashionable, unlike some other discount stores. I didn't feel like a dork saying that I worked there, which was a plus.

Cons

Working retail isn't ideal, but I needed to pay the bills so it worked out. Scheduling was fairly flexible, but sometimes it gets boring standing at a cash register for hours on end. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as humans, not numbers or a means to an end. Realize that employees have lives outside of work.

2. "Professional -- and actually fun"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

The Benefit Package is Awesome -- Close to Home -- No Commute -- Clean Workplace -- Professional staff who make it a fun place to work -- an excellent employer.

Cons

Low wages -- and frequently understaffed

Advice to Management

Promote the right person for any management position.