Target - Hard work but meet great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Hard work but meet great people"

Pros

Possible to work varied hours that allow flexibility

Cons

Long hours and demanding work

Advice to Management

Profit Sharing

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Position and team are not as described"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

Pros

Store Discount
    Should be lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Not all stores have the same culture. The culture of the store I work at now is opposite of the supportive and fun culture that I had at another. My current store is not interested in developing team members which was my main reason for moving to Target in the first place. The executlive team is all women only 25 yrs old or younger (even the STL) and many had had no other job experience than Target. I often feel and have other team members feel demoralized. Very dissapointing.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring people right out of college to manage other people unless they have actually had experience managing or leading people.

"Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor"

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead
    Former Employee - Senior Team Lead

Pros

Great People to work with and generally the managers are great. Moving up from Team member to team lead can happen if you wait long enough and do what the managers tell you.

Cons

The ETL's come mainly straight out of college and they convince them all they can become store managers. there are a lot of politics and backstabbing.

I lost my job after 10 years because My new ETL did not get along with me and my STL who always supported me before told me she was not going to fight my battles. How do fight my boss and tell him stuff is his fault.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting the hours the stores get. You want a to give a great guest experience remember Target is not Kmart and stop running it like it is.