Target - My experience with Target was okay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"My experience with Target was okay."

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Metairie, LA
Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Metairie, LA

Pros

The benefits package that was offered pretty good. It included dental, health care, relocation assistance and child care. Time off is accumulated each paycheck and as team leader you can take up to two weeks off at a time.

Cons

The drawbacks were that the job is very time consuming, the black out periods for vacation last from august to february and the only holidays the store is closed are: thanksgiving, christmas and easter.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to balance the shifts. One person should not close every night and holiday nor should the same people be opening all the time due to availability.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Low-end retail job for redundant workers in the economy (read Karl Marx!)"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Relatively easy to get hired without having to have education or some special skills. You work under a roof so the job is relatively clean and safe.

Cons

Low compensation, most people are working part-time without good benefits, high turnover rate, schedule changes from week to week, you are treated as though you are some disposable trash (and if you are a floor associate at Target, you are!)

Advice to Management

I know you get a lot of applicants in this horribly performing, trashy economy, but try to reduce the turnover rate and hire people long term (even floor associates!). Also, give them good benefits (even part-timers), will you?

2. "Positive and challenging"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Guest Service Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

I have a strong and driven executive team, however I know I am lucky to have this.

Cons

Terrible pay for the work load. As few as 6 hours between shifts.

Advice to Management

Be more courteous to your team leads personal lives.