Target - My experience was very interesting to say the least and I learned quite a bit about self and my leadership style. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"My experience was very interesting to say the least and I learned quite a bit about self and my leadership style."

Pros

Focus on one's leadership and development strategies.

Cons

Promotion or consideration of promotion is not always about strong performance as much as personality, popularity and team member support.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Feedback necessary"

Pros

Many opportunities for professional growth and training, great benefits, very talented coworkers, friendly work environment, ability to work on a diverse and rewarding set of projects, ability to progress in many different directions within the company to find a position that best suits your skills

Cons

There is a need to always spin everything in a positive manner, your job performance is not always evaluated by the content or quality of your work but rather by how you speak to it; and although there is an emphasis on "appreciating diversity" everyone here winds up speaking, dressing and acting the same.

2. "Fun Fast and Friendly"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

Pros

I love the "team" feeling you have with your peers and team leaders. It's comforting to know that if there are issues or questions I may have there is also outside support and hotlines. The benefit packages are great (but you have to work a min average of 20 hrs/wk.) And whenever there is a scheduling issure they're always willing to work with you to help get it covered and for the most part can work around school/other personal schedules and obligations.

Cons

At Target the interview process can be lengthy from the time you apply to the time you are actually called in for an orientation. Constructive feed back when there is a need for improvement in performance is not alway verbally communicated until it is "too late". Communication in general could be improved. The Executives seem to be overwhelmed with their workload and don't seem to be as productive as they could be with communicationl to the team. There's very strict practices but training is limited so expectations can be unreasonable.

Advice to Management

I feel that if there were a required set of hours set aside in payroll to train all new (and current) TM's once a postion is listed as open it could ensure that everyone is properly trained. I also believe that HR TM's should be forecasted more hours to ensure that all responsibilities are completed