Target - "Please Don't Waste Your Time..." | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

""Please Don't Waste Your Time...""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees were friendly although all were in agreeance regarding the same issues.

Cons

There are honestly too many to list. This store offers falsified incentives to "encourage" hard work. Their main focus is to drive sales (as it should be), however there is little to no benefit to the regular employee. Great team cards are issued which have no value and no reflection on your pay. Management will only offer advancement to their "friends." You can be a hard worker which will easily go unnoticed unless your an a@# kisser. If you decide to work here and have any formal education, it could be perceived as a threat to management without one. Times are tough and more and more educated people are settling for jobs such as this. My advice............look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Not to management, to corporate. Annual evaluations should be closely reviewed. Employee satisfaction surveys should be taken seriously. For a multibillion dollar corporation..............your very cheap.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Best environment I've ever worked in"

Current Employee - Salesfloor Team Member in Cedar Falls, IA
    Current Employee - Salesfloor Team Member in Cedar Falls, IA

Pros

The people that work at this target are amazing (TM, TL, & ETLs). I feel like I can communicate openly with anyone. Also I am frequently recognized for the hard work I do. It's nice that we do fun activities at huddle or in the breakroom. They are always very flexible with my schedule. Overall the entire work environment makes me love working at Target.

Cons

You definitely work hard at Target & the pay isn't the best. Depending on where you work, your hours can be very random and inconsistent which is definitely a problem when you have bills to pay.

2. "Great First Time Job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great part time job does a fabulous job in catering to full-time students. Provides a safe and comfortable working environment.

Cons

Some days can be long.