Target - Great team, great atmosphere and great training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great team, great atmosphere and great training"

Current Intern - Executive Store Intern in Plantation, FL
Current Intern - Executive Store Intern in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Training and development, culture, team atmosphere, organized system, and reputable and respected company

Cons

Many expectations, disjoint between store and corporate, long hours during busy seasons, dealing with guests.

Advice to Management

Have executives at corporate who make plans for the store spend a month or more in a real Target store to understand the impact of decisions. Focus on having less waste when throwing away items and implement more recycling and green initiatives.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "I like working there when I'm a cashier, and when team leaders aren't being morons."

Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount. Flexible Schedule. Co-Workers. Some of the guests.
    The only reason I'm still here is because I'm graduating college soon and it's easy to get time off and shifts covered.
    I dont NEED to work there, but I I like working there and it's simple and convenient.

Cons

Annoying team leaders.
    Being cart attendant is deplorable at times.
    Sometimes you will feel used and abused.
    Guests lack common sense.
    If a employee doesn't want to be a cart attendant you can't make them.
    Throwing team members on cart attendant cause the management cant keep one, or keep firing ppl for "mysterious" reasons.
    Pay (for all that i do) - Cashier. Guest Service. Cart Attendant. Sales Floor. Food Service.
    I've been there for 5 years (since I was 16) and I can't wait until i graduate from college.
    I feel bad for ppl who NEED to work here.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees accordingly, especially the ones who do everything with a good attitude. Asking for a REDcard on every transaction is stupid, annoying, and quite frankly unnatural. You can't ask every guest when it's busy and when some people don't have a lot of items. Cart Attendant job needs to be paid more or something. There is no dignity with that job and you can't expect a sensible person especially one in college to feel like they need to comply with those idiot duties. If the pay justified the duties then that wouldn't be so much of a problem.
    I started out as just a cashier, and have since worked everywhere in the store with no proper training or compensation. Go figure.
    Understand that some really good team members don't NEED to work here, so there should be more of an effort to appreciate these people.
    If you want the whole store zoned... have more people working, point blank.

"Fast, Fun, and Fictitious"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is decent work life balance compared to my last job in investment banking, and there's a great collegial atmosphere. Some of the people you encounter will become your best friends, and people are very apt to attend happy hour 2-3 times per week. There are many young (and attractive) people that work at Target, so socializing is never difficult in or outside of work.

Cons

For the most part, the people you encounter at Target are the polar opposite of genuine. Everyone puts on this façade of excitement, and acts as if you're their best friend. The corporate politics of Target are insane; you need to be able to be the perfect Minnesotan (passive aggressive) to be promotable (luckily I'm a native). There is constant whispering around the office and you can never trust that what someone says to you is how they feel. Another issue is the heir of elitism at HQ. Yes, Target is the #2 retailer on the planet, yes (if you are female), you are probably very attractive, but no, you are not an astro-physicist, nor do you get paid like an engineer. Regardless, you will hear endless complaints regarding the work/life balance, because a 35-hour work week is very challenging.