Target - Working with great technology and great people | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life Balance (Weekends & minimum 10 hours daily on your feet)" (in 1622 reviews)

• "The company is going through some changes in the clothing part of the store that were constantly changing without team members being informed quickly" (in 1720 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Working with great technology and great people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good 401k match, modern tech stack, great company values, they give back to the community a ton, fun and collaborative workspaces

Cons

Occasionally work is slowed down by business teams struggling to make decisions or changing their mind about priorities, which can be frustrating

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I wouldn't go back"

I worked at Target part-time

Pros

They worked with my school schedule but I also felt like my manager hated having to work with my school schedule.

Cons

One of my managers wasn't very happy to work with my availability for some reason, so she would always schedule me to close, even on the weekends. The store manager told me it was okay to have Sunday mornings off for church but the manager who made the schedule wasn't okay with it so she started treating me even more poorly. They act like they care but they really don't. You could be working there for a few years and they wont give you the chance to move up and just bring on someone new to be a Team Leader and they have no idea what they're doing and do a horrible job.

Advice to Management

To stop hiring so many new people as Team Leaders and promote people who have been there for a while. Also, start treating everyone the same

2. "Favoritism"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with great values.

Cons

District Manager showed favoritism and it was impossible to transfer.

Advice to Management

Have a clear path for transfers who want to stay with the company but move areas.

Discover more reviews about Target.