Target - Target is an okay place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Target is an okay place to work."

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers, many areas to work and learn to work. Opportunity to switch jobs roles. My HR was very flexible with schedule and listened to my requests of vacation, or if I needed more or less hours or if I wanted to switch job roles.

Cons

VERY "clique"ish. Management is very much a clique, so to move up you have to become part of "the cool crowd." I've seen many people who work harder than anyone there who never move up, and people who are told they can't move up because they don't have a degree, but then watch someone else get promoted who also doesn't have one. You're managers often are brought straight in from college with no experience. It's impossible to get full time at Target unless you get a supervisor position, and even then they don't promise full time.

Advice to Management

Try to stop work place cliques. Pay attention to who is doing all the work on the floor. Recognize those people and offer them better pay and promotions. Get rid of the mandatory bachelors degree rule to be a Sr team lead. Many people work for YEARS and know more than someone with no experience who went to college. It should be an equal opportunity. Many of your employees are hard workers but never had the opportunity to go to college.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"No critical thinking needed"

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work can be fun if you are in a store that gets its work done and is held accountable which then allows for time to enjoy each other

Cons

-weekend rotation
    -they do all of the thinking for you
    -very judgmental of you and what you are doing wrong

2. "Fast, not too sure about Fun or Friendly"

Pros

Clean stores, team leads/execs generally were very good about scheduling breaks so that everyone gets their turn. Team members are overall well-trained to do their jobs.

Cons

Atmosphere was a little too stifling for me; execs in particular seemed to take things too seriously. Weird jargon used for tools & culture (the phrase"that's not BRAND" could probably be used in a drinking game).

Advice to Management

Lighten up!