Target - It's not that hard of a job but can be annoying | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"It's not that hard of a job but can be annoying"

Current Employee - Front End in Whittier, CA
Current Employee - Front End in Whittier, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get time off unless it's Holidays. Allow shift swapping. Depending on locations, you have cool co-workers. Reviews and raises yearly. 10% discount on everything in the store, including sales/clearance items. It's not great but it's also not horrible. Most complainers are the ones who hate working and come in to work hung over. My store has games and events that make work semi fun.

Cons

Severe favoritism. They hound you to open RedCards. I literally have to force cashiers to promote RedCards. Upper management doesn't care about much other than RedCards, surveys, attachment scores. Some managers are cool and listen. They bring in interns who have never worked a day in their life and they are all around 20 years old. Never want to promote from within but when they do, they chose their favorites.
Horrible hours. I work at a huge store that brings in crazy amounts of money. As a supervisor who is trained in 7 different places, I get 17 hours a week. Cashiers get around 20.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring these fresh out of college people who don't know how to work a cash registers. Yes, I understand that they need jobs too and I know they went to school for it, but seriously, some of the people they hire can't even open a cash drawer.
Allow people to show you they are willing to bust their butts to get a promotion. Stop belittling people if they can't do a certain job outside their department.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Supply Chain Management"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work at a giant facility, about 1.6 million square feet, or about the size of 32 football fields. You work in a large team environment.

Cons

Target is a retail store.

Advice to Management

Need to not wear Target Attire to Business Interviews, it looks really unprofessional and degrading.

2. "Horrible seasonal job at Target."

Former Employee - Seasonal Team Member in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Team Member in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entry level job for an inexperienced retail worker. A few coworkers were pleasant and easy to work with during my brief seasonal work experience at Target in Wilkes Barre, PA

Cons

No recognition for performing extra work. No flexibility to change hours of my work schedule. Horrible working hours and assignments.

Advice to Management

Listen to workers