Target - Target is a great, friendly and Team oriented place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Target is a great, friendly and Team oriented place to work"

Current Employee - Instocks in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Instocks in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great hours, My team members are excellent people, the store is clean, the guests seem very happy with our store.

Cons

I don't have any cons right now for the Target store in north west Nashua, on Amherst street, hopefully i never do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, keep hiring great people. Get us more equipment(PDA's and Walkies)

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Great to learn how to manage a team and develop yourself"

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Madison, WI

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Can make the mistakes all young professionals do and learn from them (just don't repeat the same ones!)
    - Leadership development is there if you're willing to put a lot of work in. Those who don't will complain about the "lack of development," when really they need to just keep reaching out to others and making time for it.

Cons

- Large size of corporation means most policies/rules are created for the dumbest of the 200,000+ employees and millions of customers. This mean lots of procedure and time spent to limit target's liability or exposure to the mistakes that can be made by the aforementioned few. It's smart business but frustrating at times.
    - Retails hours are less than ideal, but you can definitely get away with spending less than 50/week once you know your job and learn to effectively delegate and manage your time.

Advice to Management

- Communicate WHY policies/procedures are in place through EXAMPLES. Much of the time the explanations are vague. Give those in the stores concrete examples that will help the store teams understand why they're jumping through the hoops that they are.

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice pay, three day work week, good people.

Cons

long hours, hard work, production work.

Advice to Management

Place people into positions based on their experience.