Target - Part 2 | Glassdoor

"Part 2"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had another review on here but I thought I should add more. I will admit that there seems to be quite a few opportunities within the store...but only if you really push for it. The pay is now at 12 an hour which I think is great for retail. From my experience, the particular Target I work at has a management team that treats you like a family. Most of them anyway. Target is a fun atmosphere.

Cons

This is what I really wanted to add. Schedule more cashiers!! I'm a cashier and I normally am up at guest service but I'm at the regular checklanes sometimes too. But they shouldnt have to be calling someone up for code thirty times a day. Its ridiculous. I also think it's ridiculous how people on the sales floor make more than cashiers...I wont even get into why but its madness if you ask me. Sometimes, working so hard...

Advice to Management

Schedule more cashiers. Give more hours. 13 hours a week is chump change. Acknowledge those who keep your store running.

Target2018-06-04
  1. "Executive Team Leader"

I worked at Target full-time

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity for vertical and horizontal movement within the company that keeps things fresh and exciting.

Cons

No negatives to comment on

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Target2018-11-07

"AMAZING COMPANY"

Current Employee - ETL Human Resources in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management - Pay - Benefits - Personal development - Vacation time - Culture

Cons

Long hours but worthwhile work.

Target2019-01-31

Discover more reviews about Target.