Target - Great place to work while in school | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great place to work while in school"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great atmosphere, (mostly) good management, discount, events for team members... I would say that the best thing about working here is that they really seem to actually care about their employees.

Cons

It's retail, so dealing with difficult customers is frequent. Also the raises tend to be rather small, and favoritism is common with the management

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Could have been so much better"

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Shelby Township, MI
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Shelby Township, MI

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team members, that's about it.

Cons

Too much:
    focus on deadlines
    Not enough focus:
    on employee welfare
    Product quality
    employee pay

Advice to Management

You have great employees, treat them better. With the amount of profit coming in on a daily basis, you could afford to pay them better too.
    Team members are hired on a part time basis with the unspoken knowledge that you can pay 2 people for 4 hours each and get more productivity then 1 person for 8 hours due to physical constraints. Plus avoid paying benefits. Looks good on paper but does not earn employee loyalty. Garbage in, garbage out. Constant pushing of the employees to meet unloading and stocking deadlines could be averted with better logistics planning. Why compete with the other big box in terms of unloading time, aren't you trying to set yourself apart from the other stores to begin with? This results in breakages and injuries. Products are often broken before they hit the shelves and sometimes, these broken products end up on the shelf.

"Low wages, inconsistent schedules"

Former Employee - Electronics Sales Floor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Electronics Sales Floor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made a lot of friends working at Target, mainly because we bonded through our shared misery.

Cons

People only get promoted to management if they were in the new graduate management training program. Team Lead is the best that a sales floor person can hope for.

I worked here as a bridge between jobs after moving to a new city, and I went above and beyond consistently. I informed my manager that I was interested in pursuing advancement opportunities. He placed me in electronics with no raise and no additional benefits.

The only benefit I ever received was a couple of Target-branded aluminum water bottles for selling a bunch of the pointless video game warranties.

My schedule was different every two weeks, which made it impossible to plan my life.

Advice to Management

There are plenty of hardworking sales floor people with degrees who receive next to no recognition through raises, benefits, or anything outside of their performance reviews. Try making Target a worthwhile place to stay, and maybe people wouldn't bail on you constantly.