Target - Hard work pays. | Glassdoor

"Hard work pays."

Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leaders notice hard work and let you know in front of all team members.
Pay for leaders is better than all retail jobs.
Plenty of involvement with superiors.
The better you do, the more hours you get.

Cons

Irregular hours for team members. However, team leaders have structured hours.

Advice to Management

In my experience, management does a great job.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Target is a good company to work for, but is generally conservative in pay and benefits. I enjoy my current role."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Target does a good job trying to keep compensation equitable and responding to feedback from their employees. They recently added a new team member space which allows for a more relaxed working environment. The environment at Target is high energy, young, and fast paced.

Cons

Despite the strides Target has made in the last 3 years, they are still very formal and somewhat inflexible. There is no company wide flex work schedule policy, they have minimal part time or job share type positions available, and the dress code and environment is business formal.

Advice to Management

More flexible work hours for salaried employees would be an inexpensive benefit to add which would positively influence company moral and retainment.

"Elitist bunch of models who don't seem to do any actual work."

Current Employee - Corporate Security in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Security in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were ok, close to public transportation, cafe was excellent, wonderful facilities. Helped me get some 'corporate' experience so I could accept an offer somewhere else. Loved the team I worked with, absolutely great bunch of people. And because of our poor management (until recently) we were relatively autonomous, so we handled our business and no one seemed to bug us.

Cons

Target focuses on recruiting young, good-looking individuals, despite what talents or work ethic they may have. If you think that's outrageous, go and spend 10 minutes in their lobby during the mass lunch exodus. You will be astounded.
    Like many other companies, they don't practice what they preach. Target spends a great deal of effort to convince you they have an excellent culture and wonderful values. In my personal experience, I have never met a more entitled group of individuals. Ever. Everyone feels their owed the world, just because their a 'team member'.
    Contractors are treated like garbage, really sad actually.
    One of the directors of my pyramid got 'let go' for stealing from the company, a huge sum of money over the course of a few years. And his supervisor didn't face any repercussions and didn't even address the rumor-mill. There is little to no vision in the pyramid I'm working in and extremely poor performers are kept around for years.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility for new employees with proven success. Start getting rid of the waste and trimming the fat at the top!