Target - I like working at target. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"I like working at target."

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is not very labor intensive, if you have the right position. Very flexible scheduling. Relatively high starting wage. I have had very good interactions with other employees. They seem to hire good hard working employees.

Cons

The training program could use improvement. It can feel like they just throw you into the work environment very unprepared but usually the other team member help you learn and train you.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Expects more, pays less."

Former Employee - Photo Lab Specialist in Shorewood, IL
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Specialist in Shorewood, IL

I worked at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job for a college student, able to work around your schedule. You can always pick up shifts from other people who don't want them or can't work those days.

Cons

For only getting paid so little, upper management expects so much from its "team members". Working in Photo Lab you are basically working 2 jobs: Photo & Guest Service constantly. If you have a GSTL who can't do his/her job properly, then you won't have a good shift. High turnover in employment, seen so many people come & go in my 4 years there, especially upper management. Weekend availability is always a must. Its hard to get time off with a lot of people requesting off, especially around holidays or vacation season.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize people who are actually doing their jobs. Lighten up a bit too.

2. "Great for what it is"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chico, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The problem with any review on Target is that your experience is going to differ from store to store.

-Flexible schedule
    -Good benefits for a minimum wage job
    -Job security
    -Good experience for working your way through school (good resume builder I have come to find out)

Cons

-Corporate tries really hard to static a dynamic environment. Basically reason will spit in the face of your managers, but they wont care because corporate says to do it this way and only this way and all other ways are wrong. Very frustrating.

-Lifers who take their job way too seriously (especially the team leads)

Advice to Management

Give your ETLs and STLs more freedom in making business decisions. I've seen so many missed opportunities because of corporate trying to make every store operate exactly the same.