Target - It has been a good and excelling opportunity in the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"It has been a good and excelling opportunity in the company."

Current Employee - APTL in El Paso, TX
Current Employee - APTL in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Opportunity
-Pay when you move up.
-Motivational

Cons

-Workload at times
-Work/life balance is difficult at times

Advice to Management

There has to be a deeper look at some of the management at times whether they are making ethical decisions and held accountable to them.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Elitist bunch of models who don't seem to do any actual work."

Current Employee - Corporate Security in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Security in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were ok, close to public transportation, cafe was excellent, wonderful facilities. Helped me get some 'corporate' experience so I could accept an offer somewhere else. Loved the team I worked with, absolutely great bunch of people. And because of our poor management (until recently) we were relatively autonomous, so we handled our business and no one seemed to bug us.

Cons

Target focuses on recruiting young, good-looking individuals, despite what talents or work ethic they may have. If you think that's outrageous, go and spend 10 minutes in their lobby during the mass lunch exodus. You will be astounded.
    Like many other companies, they don't practice what they preach. Target spends a great deal of effort to convince you they have an excellent culture and wonderful values. In my personal experience, I have never met a more entitled group of individuals. Ever. Everyone feels their owed the world, just because their a 'team member'.
    Contractors are treated like garbage, really sad actually.
    One of the directors of my pyramid got 'let go' for stealing from the company, a huge sum of money over the course of a few years. And his supervisor didn't face any repercussions and didn't even address the rumor-mill. There is little to no vision in the pyramid I'm working in and extremely poor performers are kept around for years.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility for new employees with proven success. Start getting rid of the waste and trimming the fat at the top!

2. "Store Maintenance"

Current Employee - Store Facility Technician (SFT) in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Store Facility Technician (SFT) in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team members. Red card + employee discount = 15% off. Covering different stores in the district. Vendor partnerships. Fixing/repairing assets at the store.

Cons

A big majority of STL's do not have the life experience to handle most issues or communications.
    No room for advancement without college degree.

Advice to Management

Just because they have a degree doesn't mean they have the ability to adapt, communicate, resolve and give feedback properly. A lot of well rounded, experienced team members are over looked.