Target - Very good | Glassdoor

"Very good"

Current Employee - Cashier in Highlands Ranch, CO
Current Employee - Cashier in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Management is great and allows employees open access to voice opinions and questions. Pay is comparable to other retail. All in all a great place to work.

Cons

Scheduling is sometimes crazy at peak periods of the year. Be prepared to get more hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Just can't drink the kool-aid"

Current Employee - Store Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The store teams are filled with many great people, and guest interactions keep the day to day from becoming monotonous.

Cons

Literally, just too many executive team leaders that are little more than dimwitted pretty faces who take promotions for increasingly lower pay than their predessors while remaining completely clueless as to what puting in a hard day's work actually means. Finally between the sense of entitlement, lack of integrity within the rank and file leadership as well as the new college recruits it is quite sickening to manuever through each day.

Advice to Management

Try substance and performance to promote and reward rather than the Target desired traits; flexibility in regard to the truth, the desire to suck up to anyone in a position that might get them ahead, and a willingness to lie, cheat, and bear false witness against others in any way necessary to help themselves or their superiors to execute fraudulent hiring and firing practices.

"Roller Coaster"

Current Employee - Instocks in Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Instocks in Wilson, NC

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexible schedules. Ability to trade schedules with other workers so you can keep hours if you can't work a scheduled shift. Also the ability to be cross trained in several different departments.

Cons

The pay, unfair treatment with certain workers who don't work well and you have to cover for their lack of ability to work

Advice to Management

Bring at least the same type of responsibility you put on us on the leaders who are paid more and should do a better job because they are suppose to be our example and our role models so why should be work better then them if they are paid higher then us to lead and do a better job when they don't?