Target - Job Training and on the floor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Job Training and on the floor"

Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given an opportunity to learn on my job as a Pricing Accuracy Team Member. The employees and the management were very nice and patient with me. It is a challenge job and you can do it if you are motivated to learn and do a fast paced work. Since my job is part time,the hours are flexible and I have the opportunity to have some weekdays off.

Cons

At first the training was online computer and it can be confusing and there is so much to learn in 1 day. A visual aid or demonstration would be helpful to understand better. The only problem is the training on the floor is provided for only 20 hours. There is so much to learn and remember lots of details with pricing that it does takes time to learn the procedures. It would be best to take all the notes you can. You have to finish the assigned work by the end of the day even though if you are working alone without any help. This is a very fast paced job - scanning and ticketing.

Advice to Management

I suggest that the Executive Team Leader listen to their employees and believe what they say before investigate a matter. Exec Team Leader told me during my evaluation that I was late on Sept 14th. The Leader has never verified my work schedule and compared with my punched clock time. I nevery knew that until 2 months later. I was never, never late. I arrive to work 35 min early everytime.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "A good place to work depending on the location"

Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay flexible scheduling. Meeting new people. Nice coworkers. A good first job. No experience needed

Cons

Hours based on sales. Low sales= lower pay. Lack of communication between supervisors. People are stupid likely to get yelled at for no reason. Little room for advancement in the store. In my town there are too many targets too close together. The cash registers are old and need serious updating

Advice to Management

Make a plan and stick to it. And besure everyone understands it. Stop building targets so close together. Take care of the current. Locations. Take better care of your employees

2. "Poor Training"

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

9. 50 in CA for retail is decent. I had a good experience with some co-workers.

Cons

Lack of proper training. We had one day to learn everything about electronic merchandise in the store.

Advice to Management

Better training