Target - Fair to midland | Glassdoor

"Fair to midland"

Current Employee - Executive Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Executive Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent work culture

Cons

difficult to attend every meeting your invited to as there is so much interfacing

Advice to Management

Cross functional teams can be scaled back to the most necessary individuals

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Very young and immature culture and work group. Not for professionals or experienced."

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10% discount. Probably the only benefit.

Cons

Only 6 holidays a year (I work at corporate Target). You even have to work Christmas Eve.
    The pay is way BELOW market.
    Very slimy HR practices during recruitment (get you in offering a higher level position, and then demote you before offering the job). Saw it happen A LOT.
    Very, very immature work force. Very young people. Supposed to be a formal clothes environment, but the women wear all sorts of super short skirts/dresses, lycra pants, stillettos and immature non-formal clothes.
    Very cheesy work culture.
    Supposed to be Fast, Fun and Friendly, but my work group is not Friendly or Fun. Manager fully aware of it but doesn't do anything to add value there.
    Cafeteria food is expensive. Doesn't appear the company subsidizes anything.
    They don't offer free coffee anywhere. You have to pay for everything.
    They are chincy, all together. We go to Target sponsored happy hours, where they buy 6 plates of appetizers for 60 people, and we have to pay for our own alcohol. Cheap!!!
    I would not recommend this company to anyone.
    Major regret taking this position.

Advice to Management

Improve HR Recruiting practices. They are terrible! Read my above example. One of my peers nominated her sister for an exempt position, and after my peer nominated her and her sister got the job, they changed it to hourly so that they wouldn't have to pay my peer a referral bonus. SLIMY!!! So many examples!!!

"Company is encourages work life balance but doesn't support it"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job for people just learning the business. Target will allow you to grow as long as you are willing to put in time. But be careful because they do know how to dangle the carrot to get you to put in more work without the benefits

Cons

If you don't fit the mold you will not get promoted. It's about how well you present yourself and not always about how hard you work. Some people are preselected to move up.