Target - Great company, great culture- needs to pay more, better benefits, and vacation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great company, great culture- needs to pay more, better benefits, and vacation."

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the ETL level and above, Target is excellent at development, creating a "team work" environment, and being a fun place to work.

Cons

Hours and lifestyle, very poor vacation policy, inflexibility to transfer regions or cross-pyramid. Whereas I would note their pay is very competitive in comparison to other retailers, they should pay more. They demand higher standards than Walmart, they should pay a lot more for their talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"its ok for a first job- Overnight Backroom Team Member"

Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

my coworkers are honestly the best "pro" thing about this job. its a good first time job, something to put on your resume. during the non peak season like christmas and back to school, it can be a relaxed place to work

Cons

working overnight in the backroom is pretty tough. My hours have no consistency, 9.5 hours one week, 34 the next. there have been times where I have been the only person, JUST ME, and nobody else working in the backroom, and being that this is the mission valley target in san diego (its the 11th biggest store in terms of revenue) this is outrageous. my ETL's have a big tendency to show favoritism (extend the hours of certain team members) doing the EXACT thing over and over again get boring and makes you want to work elsewhere. little chance to advance, i mean little

Advice to Management

Be Fair and honest with all team members, give recognition to other people, not just the same people everyday

"Decent"

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

The team is overall pretty good. The pay is decent for someone who is just starting out. The work is fairly easy.

Cons

The management is patronizing. The standards are always changing and hard to keep up with up. The hours are awful and not nearly as flexible as they should be.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like adults. Don't bribe us with candy and force us to write each other warm and fuzzy notes. Give us hours and raises.