Target - I felt that I got a lot out of working with Target and being able to receive constructive feedback. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"I felt that I got a lot out of working with Target and being able to receive constructive feedback."

Former Intern - Executive Team Leader in Raleigh, NC
Former Intern - Executive Team Leader in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Target as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The executive team leaders are there to make your experience with Target a memorable one. They want you to grow and develop into a better leader. I really enjoyed how they gave me the opportunity to take on more duties when I felt prepared to.

Cons

Sometimes I felt like they gave me too much feedback and was constantly asking me to update them on the work I was performing.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Good company with chance for improvement, but many long hours."

Pros

Great potential for growth.
    Good benefits package.
    Good co-workers.

Cons

No work life balance.
    Unreasonable goals based on hours given so extra hours fall on salaried employees.

Advice to Management

improve work life balance, i was told i would be working a 50 hour a week job and on average spent 70-75+ hours a week working. You can tell some of the goals and merchandising priorities were made by those at corporate who are never in a store to see if the idea that sounds good at a desk actually works when you apply it to store. Better allocation of hours for stores so salaried managers don't have to work all those extra hours.

2. "I liked it, but I wouldn't work here again"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Targets a great place to work for, they have the ability to give hours. Receiving a raise is really simple as long as your a good worker and have good attendance. They have really good benefits, including a 15% discount. A very enjoyable workplace with friendly team of employees.

Cons

They only hire seasonal, which can be bad or good depending on whose P.O.V. you're looking at. And like any retail job, there's zero time off during the holiday season.