Target - Amazing environment | Glassdoor

"Amazing environment"

Former Employee - Cashier in Ellicott City, MD
Former Employee - Cashier in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monthly drawings, friendly management, clean sotre

Cons

Tedious tasks, fellow employees not all motivated

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Target is a great place to be rewarded for your hard work!"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Salem, OR

I have been working at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family atmosphere, value diversity, reward hard work and dedication, advancement is not seniority based.

Cons

Work/life balance can be tough

Advice to Management

Continue to reward those who work hard and deserve a chance to continue to do more with the company

"Not exactly what I was expecting."

Current Employee - Cashier in Apex, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Apex, NC

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Target provides a positive working environment. They want everyone to feel that they're greatly appreciated by recognizing everyone for their work and effort. It's a great place to have your first job, because you do learn a lot on how businesses are run and how to establish great customer service.

Cons

I found that with Target, it's never enough for them. Once you've finally reached your goal you've been working so hard to achieve, they set the bar even higher. Which is not necessarily all bad, however, it's quite frustrating. They are a bit strict with the scheduling. Of course, with any retail establishment, you're required to work weekends and holidays. If you're a full-time student, I'd recommend working just weekends or taking educational leave. They claim they'll be flexible with your schedule however you have to be flexible with them. If you want time off, it's recommended you ask at least 3 months in advance. I have to say one of the most annoying things with Target is when you use your employee discount. You may only use your employee discount if you are paying in cash or using Target's debit or credit card, the system will not let you use any other form of payment.

Advice to Management

I have to say, my store's management is my biggest downfall with Target. I feel like I'm constantly looked down upon and various managers pick favorites, giving them effortless work every day they come in. I'm constantly getting the "short end of the stick." I believe, if you don't get like 5 REDcards during your whole shift (cashiers), then you're always a disappointment and they will not let you follow up other opportunities.