Target - Target Distribution Center T-587 sucks. Period!!! I would not recommend this company to anyone. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Target Distribution Center T-587 sucks. Period!!! I would not recommend this company to anyone."

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Galesburg, MI
Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401k, Pension and Benefits. Depending what key you worked a person would have Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. While the other key works three days and has four days off during the week.

Cons

Unloyal to their workers. Group Leaders have poor communication and people skills. Open door policy is a LIE. Human Resources is a joke.

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with your people. I think you should all go back to whatever college was dumb enough to give you a passing grade in sociology and communications and take the class over. Team members concerns were ignored and spineless supervisors were protected and good hard working men and women were fired due to this lack of leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Great experience, low pay"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent people to work with. Great first job while in high school or college.

Cons

Great company to work for as long as you dont intend to move up with the organization. Way too many hoops for any sort of promotion

"Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Team Leader Hardlines
    Current Employee - Senior Team Leader Hardlines

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-competitive pay and benefits (love my vacation time)
    -flexible schedule
    -work/life balance
    -development opportunities

Cons

-ever decreasing payroll, each year I feel like I have less resources to complete the same workload the year before. Sales are increasing so should payroll not the other way around!
    -Working on Thanksgiving
    -unnecessary paperwork, less time to do what is needed on the salesfloor-ties in to team member payroll

Advice to Management

-For HQ when sales increase so should payroll hours, 5% increase over last year should equal 5% increase in payroll not less!
    - Quit taking over our family holidays! Thanksgiving and Christmas should be off limits. You ruined both for me this year.
    -Allow high performing TLs to become ETLs without 4 year degrees.
    -For ETLs and STLs, put yourself in your TL shoes before speaking. Get out on the salesfloor and sweat along with your team! My store is great with this for the most part, I would like to hear that this happens at all stores.