Target - I've never had such an amazing work family until now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"I've never had such an amazing work family until now."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Everything about Target is amazing. The employees there are super friendly and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible to become a part of the family. Everyone is willing to help you out and the customers are always satisfied with our service. We always try our best to make our customers happy and to help them in any way that we can. You can definitely expect more and pay less every time you make a trip to your local Target.

Cons

From what I've experienced so far, I've never encountered a negative aspect about Target. Everything up to this point in my career, I'm very satisfied that I chose to be a part of the Target family and I don't regret anything about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Loved the people, hated the policies."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Exton, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, good sense of being a team

Cons

Not enough hours to cover peak times, new policies are crushing veteran employees, and not enough opportunity for lateral/vertical movement.

2. "pretty good company, even better employees"

Former Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice benefits, pretty flexible times, sweet HR and kind managers. i personally had a wonderful crew who were welcoming, hard-working, and understanding. my favourite length of time in retail, honestly. the pay is good for what it is. allow you to put on different hats if you're bored during slow days.

Cons

too much pressure to push red cards. i was definitely trying my hardest and bringing them in at length, but it became obvious that management was being pressured to sell more than was realistic and it came through in the way they had to treat employees over them.

Advice to Management

please pressure your managers less about the redcards! it carries on down the tree and makes everyone feel bad all around when the goal is raised more and more every week and can't be met-- especially in the rare situations where all the employees like each other and their managers.

please try to get the higher ups to fix the problems with the red cards! no one is going to be enthusiastic over them if they try to use them after arrival and they don't work... and then we're expected to ask the next customer in line if they want a card they now perceive as faulty. also, stop cutting hours if someone doesn't bring in a load of red cards while in a position that doesn't lend to it, such as express.