Target - Decent work environment, Great team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Decent work environment, Great team"

Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH
Current Employee - Team Member Food in Huber Heights, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount on everything immediately, even if you are only a seasonal team member. The work environment is friendly, safe and well-maintained. Show up, be friendly and energetic and you will be treated with respect, kudos and little perks to keep you motivated.

Cons

Communication, especially to newer team members, tends to flow like mud and there is no such thing as an "ex cused" absence. Arrive late any three days in a "rolling 30-day period" and you will receive a closed-door "discussion" about the matter. It doesn't matter that the week you late three times you were coming in early, staying until closing and covering other TMs shifts, while never missing even one of your own scheduled shifts. I was 40 minutes late on my last day of that work week, even though called in an assured the LOD I would be there by the time the store opened, I arrived just as the opening process was occuring, none of that seemed to matter. On one hand I've got the ETL buying me donuts for coming in on Monday morning after working 16 hours on the weekend only to turn around and be frowned at by my TL for being late three times in a 30-day period. The other two incidents were 9 minutes late on days where I worked past store closing on Saturday and turned around to be late for opening the next morning.

Advice to Management

All over the map! One STL is so aloof he only speaks to his team and the other TLs. The GSTL talks smack about almost everyone else to anyone. And when it comes to leadership...anything goes. In one day I can receive three different answers to the same question and I am basically left to decide for myself.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

"Good first job, got my experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since there's so many team members in a day you can find someone to cover your shift easily.
    You can also cross-train into different work centers and pick up shifts for those work centers.

Cons

Horrible system, nobody gives regular employees any feedback, everyone goes right to the manager.
    A lot of favoritism involved.
    A bunch of new managers coming and going, nobody knows how to do anything.
    When we were hired they promised us hours, they gave me 40 a week for 4 months, after that it dipped to 20 and everyone else was in the same area.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together and stop hiring managers that'll quit two months in.

"Mediocre"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very co concerned with being compliant with HR

Cons

Low pay
    Dealing with the "happy public"